Harriston Heritage Walk

Old Town Hall

Current Occupancy: Grey Wellington Theatre Guild & Minto Dance Academy & Harriston Foodbank

Historic Occupancy: Town Hall - public meetings, courthouse, jail, fire hall

Built: 1917


This is the 3rd Town Hall on this site. The first two were destroyed by fires.  All three constructed by Geo. Gray,  a resident architect and   builder.  The tower bell was used for emergencies and could be heard four miles away. The Hall was used for public meetings, court house and movies, the lower level was used as the Council Chambers, Jail and Fire hall. Currently,  occupied by the Dance Academy and Wellington Theatre Guild.

Address

68 Elora St SHarriston, N0G 1Z0
Get Directions