Creating a positive environment for youth in Minto to be empowered, use their voices and create meaningful change!
The Minto Youth Action Council (MYAC) gives the Town of Minto Council recommendations and input about issues that youth face in the community, along with suggestions to make improvements. Their main projects include:
- Advising the Town of Minto Council on projects and issues pertaining to youth
- Creating an annual Action Plan based on results from surveyed youth within the community to fill gaps and work towards making Minto a more Youth-Friendly Community
- Plan and volunteer for events and activities within the community
- Act as a hub for youth programs, events and resources within the Town of Minto
MYAC consists of 13 consistent members (and growing!) and regular meetings take place every 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at the Youth Space in LaunchIt Minto, downtown Harriston.
Meetings are informal so come as you are, bring your friends and ideas, and help us build our community to reflect what our youth need! All youth between the ages of 13 - 19 are welcome!
The Minto Youth Action Council is working towards creating a positive environment for youth in our community to be empowered, use their voices and create meaningful change.
1. Create spaces for youth to hang out.
2. Raise awareness about opportunities to get involved in the community.
3. Raise awareness about the issues that youth in Minto are facing.
4. Encourage youth to “stay” local when it comes to events, programs, etc.
5. Advocate for youth issues by forging partnerships with common organizations.
6. Working with different organizations.
7. Recognize and support diversity in Minto.
8. Working on community betterment projects.