We currently offer an After School Program at Palmerston Public as well as a Summer Day Camp and PA Day Program at the Harriston Arena and Palmerston Arena. More information can be found below.
After School Programs
Please complete the following form to begin:
Upon completing the form, we will follow up to confirm registration.
Please be advised that if you fail to provide us with information on your child(ren)’s special needs, that could affect the well-being of your child or that of the other participants, we reserve the right to remove your child(ren) from this program.
Please help us get to know your child more by filling out this questionnaire: About Me This Year
Here is some of the information found in the guide:
- We are providing after school care for grades Jk-6 aged children
- Care begins at 3:10pm or 3:15pm (end of school bell) and concludes at 6:00pm
- We will be set up in a classroom, but will also use the gym and playgrounds
- We ask that you sign your child(ren) up for at least 4 days per month
- We offer a discount for signing up for an entire week
- Dates requested for a certain month are required by the 20th of the month prior
- Dates requested after the deadline will be reviewed to determine if there is space in the program
- Monthly payment is required in advance
- $12/day and $50/week (for a 5-day school week)
After School Programs - Additional Forms
Please complete the following form(s) if required:
Summer Day Camp
The Town of Minto runs an eight-week structured Summer Day Camp program each year out of the Palmerston and Harriston arenas, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Extended care options are available from 8 – 9 a.m. and 4 – 5 p.m. Our program operates in pods of 15 kids with 2 leaders and offers a day filled with games, crafts, outdoor adventures, and our very own separate swim time daily at the public pool. Registrations are weekly and the rate is $150/week.
July 5-9 - Beach Week
Ahoy mates! Splash into your first week of camp. Filled with water and beach activities!
July 12 - 16 - Wild Wild West
Saddle up and get ready to ride through the west with a week full of country music, dancing, and crafts
July 19 - 23 - I Spy
Do you enjoy puzzles or a good mystery? Find out what’s so puzzling about this week?!?
July 26 - 30 - Around the World
Hop on our magical plane that takes us all around the globe in just one week! Learn a new game, try some new food, speak a new language!
Aug 3 - 6 - Love the 90s
Get out your neon and join us for a retro week full of 90s pop music, kick the can and maybe a little fun dip!
Aug 9 - 13 - Camping
Get out of your hiking gear and join us for a week full of outdoor activities. We will walk down some local trails, sing some camp songs, and learn some survival tips.
Aug 16 - 20 - Dino Week
Spend a week full of adventures in the Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous periods.
Aug 23 - 27 - Wacky Wild Colours!
Celebrate the last week of camp with all the colours of the rainbow! Wear your most colourful clothes or even colour your hair! We will even try our hand at tie dying!
To register please complete the forms below.
- Via Interac e-transfer to: email@example.com please make password answer: minto2511
- By cash, cheque or debit at the Town office
- Via online banking by adding Minto (Town of) Other or Minto (Town of) General as a payable
- For CIBC and Simplii accounts only, you will need to know your account number, which appears on all invoices
- The link will take you to the eCommerce page where you may register for this service and make a payment
- You will need to know your Recreation Receivables or Programs account number, which appears on all invoices
- A 3% convenience fee plus a $0.35 per transaction fee applies will apply as this service is administered through PayPal