We currently offer an After School Program at Palmerston Public as well as a Summer Day Camp and PA Day Program at the Harriston Arena and Palmerston Arena. More information can be found below.
After School Programs
Please complete the following form to begin:
Upon completing the form, we will follow up to confirm registration.
Please be advised that if you fail to provide us with information on your child(ren)’s special needs, that could affect the well-being of your child or that of the other participants, we reserve the right to remove your child(ren) from this program.
* If you require care for the week of September 7-10 you must submit a completed registration form by Wednesday, September 1st
Below is the link to our monthly date request form. This form is for participants who have already completed the ASP Participant Registration Form and who are attending the program on a part time basis. This form must be completed by the 20th of the month prior. Dates submitted after the 20th will be subject to availability.
Please help us get to know your child more by filling out this questionnaire: About Me This Year
For much more info, view our:
Here is some of the information found in the guide:
- We are providing after school care for grades Jk-6 aged children
- Care begins at 3:10pm or 3:15pm (end of school bell) and concludes at 6:00pm
- We will be set up in a classroom, but will also use the gym and playgrounds
- We ask that you sign your child(ren) up for at least 4 days per month
- We offer a discount for signing up for an entire week
- Dates requested for a certain month are required by the 20th of the month prior
- Dates requested after the deadline will be reviewed to determine if there is space in the program
- Monthly payment is required in advance
- $12/day and $50/week (for a 5-day school week)
June 3rd PA Day Program
The Town of Minto will be running a PA Day Program Friday, June 3rd at the Palmerston Community Centre. The program will operate from9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Extended care options are available from 8 - 9 a.m. and 4 - 5 p.m.
Theme - Aloha Summer!
Enjoy a day full of fun! A walking trip the Norgan for a summer themed movie and snacks, lots of play at our local parks and playgrounds, crafts and indoor/outdoor play.
Registration cost $40
Leader in Training Program (LIT)
Join us for a day of fun and learning on June 3rd from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Palmerston Curlong Club. Participants will learn and develop leadership skills and gain hands-on experience in a day camp setting. Once they have successfully completed the program they will also get a 1 week placement at one or our camps in the summer.
Registration cost $40
Summer Day Camp
The Town of Minto runs an eight-week structured Summer Day Camp program each year out of the Palmerston and Harriston arenas, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Extended care options are available from 7:45 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 4 – 5:15 p.m. Daily program plans at camp include indoor and outdoor activities, swimming, crafts and lots of fun!
We miss all our program participants and can't wait to welcome them back!!
Registration for 2022 Summer Camp will open the first week of April 2022!
We do offer inclusion support at summer day camp but if you feel your child could benefit with additional support please visit.
https://cmhaww.ca/programs-services/childrens-services/family-support-options/skic/. The sooner you apply the better.
- Via Interac e-transfer to: email@example.com please make password answer: minto2511
- By cash, cheque or debit at the Town office
- Via online banking by adding Minto (Town of) Other or Minto (Town of) General as a payable
- For CIBC and Simplii accounts only, you will need to know your account number, which appears on all invoices
- The link will take you to the eCommerce page where you may register for this service and make a payment
- You will need to know your Recreation Receivables or Programs account number, which appears on all invoices
- A 3% convenience fee plus a $0.35 per transaction fee applies will apply as this service is administered through PayPal