Application, Licenses and Permits

Application, Licenses and Permits

Below you will find all of the applications, licenses and permits that the Town of Minto offers. 

Building & Planning

Please visit the Building & Planning Page for the most up to date forms.

Fire Permit

Please call 519-338-2511 and hit 0 to speak to someone at least 24 hrs. in advance to make the proper arrangements for a burn permit.

Lottery Licensing

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is responsible for administering the lottery licensing program in the province. The Town of Minto works with the AGCO in issuing lottery licenses to eligible charitable and religious organizations. The most common lotteries include raffles, break open tickets and bingo. All lotteries must adhere to AGCO's:

Lottery Licensing Policy Manual

The Town of Minto is eligible to issue licenses to eligible organizations for raffles with prize boards of $50,000 and under, bingo with up to a $5,500 prize board and break open tickets. Licenses for lotteries that exceed these prize points must be obtained directly from AGCO.

For the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual, Applications and Forms please visit the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario website.

Marriage Licence

The Clerk's Department issues marriage licenses and can conduct a customized civil marriage ceremony to suit your needs and preferred location. The marriage license fee is $120.00. Please call the Town of Minto to make an appointment to have your license issued. The following links are the forms and application information.

Before you get Married

Marriage License Application Information

Marriage License Application Form

The Town would be pleased to provide a Civil Marriage ceremony that suits your needs. Please have a look at the Town guidelines, we will help customize your ceremony with you.

Guidelines to Civil Marriage Ceremonies

Request for Marriage Certificate

Marriage Officiants:

Annilene McRobb

Tawnya Robertson
Revenue Coordinator

Quinn Foerter
Deputy Clerk/Coordinator, Legislative & Human Resource Services

Anniversary and Birthday Certificates

On request, the Mayor, on behalf of Council sends congratulatory certificates to residents celebrating significant birthdays or wedding anniversaries. Congratulatory certificates are available for:

  • 25th wedding anniversaries and up (at 5 year intervals)
  • 65th birthdays and up (at 5 year intervals)

To ensure on-time delivery, we ask that you submit your request at least four weeks before the event date.

To make a request, please print and fill out:

Congratulatory Messages Form

Then Email to the Town; or
Mail or drop it off at the Municipal Office.

Special Events Permit Application

Special Event applications are to be submitted to the Clerk’s Department sixty (60) days prior to the Event.

By-Law 2019-45 Special Events Blanket By-law

Special Events Permit Policy