Animal Services

The Town of Minto works hard to keep the municipality safe for our residents, pets, and livestock. Whether you need to purchase a dog tag or report a wildlife concern or are raising livestock, the Town of Minto is here to help.

Animal Control

For any dogs that have been lost or found please call the Town of Minto office 519.338.2511 or Animal Control, Rick Rauwerda 519.509.9985

To report a dog bite or a dangerous dog please call Cam Forbes, By-law Enforcement, 519.338.2511 ext. 236 or email

Licensing Requirements

Every resident of the Town of Minto that is an owner of a dog, a kennel or backyard hens are required to obtain a license issued by the Town of Minto. For more information on obtaining a license please see below or call 519.338.2511.

Dog & Kennel Licensing

Every owner of a dog in the Town of Minto is required to register their dog and renew the license on an annual basis. Keeping a dog tag current and attached to your dog will help to identify your dog and have it returned to you if it becomes lost. Any dog that is picked up without a dog tag will incur additional fees and charges.   

New dog tag applications can be submitted to along with your payment of $20.00 to the Town office. Payment can be made via Cash, Cheque or Debit at the Municipal Office. If you wish to pay through etransfer or online banking, please reach out to the Town of Minto to make arrangements. If you wish to register a kennel, you can find the Kennel Application here, if you are applying for a kennel license for the first time or need more information please call the Town office 519.338.2511.

Dog Licensing By-Law 2019-39

Dog Tag Application

Kennel Licence Application

Backyard Hen Licensing

Every resident of the Town of Minto wishing to keep backyard hens must first apply to the Town prior to obtaining them and must renew the license on an annual basis.

A Hen Licence Application can be submitted to the Town office along with payment. For more information you can refer to the Town of Minto's Exotic Animal Bylaw or call the Town office 519.338.2511.

Exotic Animal By-Law 2020-73

Hen Licence Application

Livestock Claims

In 2011, the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs announced the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program. Through this program, livestock producers can receive compensation when their livestock or poultry are injured or killed by predatory wildlife. For more information, please click on the link above.

Nutrient Management Plans

For further information concerning Nutrient Management Plans, please visit the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs website or contact the Town office 519.338.2511 for more information.


For more information about rabies in wildlife, how it is controlled and what to do if you think an animal has rabies, please go to the Ministry of Natural Resources website or call the hotline at 1-888-574-6656.

Please note that the Town of Minto does not have a licensed trapper on staff and does not trap nuisance wildlife on private property.