The Town of Minto’s Finance Department is responsible for the coordination and management of the financial affairs and other reporting for the Municipality.
Primary responsibilities of the Finance Department include:
- Providing information, reports, analysis and guidance to Council, the Public, residents, business and upper levels of government regarding the financial operations of the Town.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining accounting systems and procedures relating to the financial activities of the Town and working with auditors and funders to meet statutory reporting requirements.
- Billing and collection of municipal taxes, utilities and other revenue.
- Preparation of the Town’s annual operating and capital budgets.
- Processing of accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales tax, payroll and maintenance of employee records and statutory withholdings and reports.
- Investing and borrowing of funds including maintaining investment and debenture records and policies.
- Preparation of the Town’s annual Financial Information Return and Financial Statements.
- Creation and maintenance of the Asset Management Plan and working with other departments, Council and residents to match available tangible assets with service level expectations.
- Preparing grant applications and completing related reports required under various funding agreements.
- Development and reporting of Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plans.
- Other statutory reporting including reserve funds, development charges and other reserves and statistical reports.
- Assistance to other departments with their initiatives and obligations including the Drinking Water Quality Management Standard.