The Minto Youth Action Council (MYAC) gives Town of Minto Council recommendations and input about issues that youth face in the community, along with suggestions to make improvements. The group is made up of youth between the ages of 13-19. Their main projects include:
Plan and participate in events and activities, such as teen dances, the Santa Claus Parade, Youth Week and more
Provide new ideas for recreation programs
Promote teen programs and events
Minto's Youth Action Council (MYAC) consists of 15 members (and growing)! Regular meetings take place every 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at LaunchIt Minto in Harriston. Meetings are informal so come as you are, bring your friends and ideas, and help us build our community to reflect what our youth need! All youth between the ages of 13 - 19 are welcome!
The Minto Youth Action Council is working towards creating a positive environment for youth in our community to be empowered, use their voices and create meaningful change.
1. Create spaces for youth to hang out.
2. Raise awareness about opportunities to get involved in the community.
3. Raise awareness about the issues that youth in Minto are facing.
4. Encourage youth to “stay” local when it comes to events, programs, etc.
5. Advocate for youth issues by forging partnerships with common organizations.
6. Working with different organizations.
7. Recognize and support diversity in Minto.
8. Working on community betterment projects.
Like MYAC on Facebook & Follow us on Instagram! @mintoyouthactioncouncil
And Snapchat! @mintoyac